Sometimes coming up with blog ideas isn’t always easy. If you’ve got writer’s block, this is the post for you!
We all know blogging can play an important part of a successful marketing plan.
According to Hubspot:
- 53% of marketers say blog content creation is their top inbound marketing priority.
- 1 in 10 blog posts are compounding, meaning organic search increases their traffic over time.
- B2B companies that blogged 11+ times per month had almost 3X more traffic than those blogging 0-1 times per month.
To help you on your way, we’ve created this list of 40 blog idea posts perfectly designed to help you create shareable content.
40 proven blog post ideas that will leave your readers wanting more:
- How to Blog Post – Describe hot to do a process / use a product.
- FAQ Blog Post – Answer frequently asked questions about a topic.
- Freebie / Giveaway Post – A blog post like this is great for lead generation. Use this type of blog post to get access to gated content (content that requires visitors to provide contact information before accessing).
- Problem /Solution Bog Post – Think about your ideal client and a common problem they would have that you can solve.
- Client Spotlight Blog Post – Let your customers/clients offer content by creating a client showcase blog. This is a great way to promote your company and also increase.
- Product Spotlight Blog Post – Focus on one of your products.
- Little Known Facts Blog Post – Talk about a few little-known facts in your industry.
- Interview Blog Post – Interview someone in your field.
- Infographic Blog Post– Puto together an infographic. You may need the assistance of a graphic designer to help you on this one.
- List Blog Post – Create a list of items like the Top 10 Ways You Can Save Money by ____.
- Company Announcements – Showcase your organization and employees.
- Case Study / White Paper Blog Post – Create a Case Study or White Paper.
- Myth Buster Blog Post – Expose a common industry myth.
- Epic Fail Blog Post – Explain why something in your industry was an epic fail and provide a solution.
- Top Tools Post – Provide your readers with tools they can use for success.
- Money Saving Post – Everyone loves to save money, whether your B2B or B2C company everyone’s got a budget.
- Pros and Cons Post – Highlight the pros and cons of taking an action or a product.
- Poll / Survey Results Blog Post – Call clients and potential clients and ask them to do an industry survey. Tell them you’re doing an industry survey and would love their feedback. After you go through the survey, ask them if you can send them the results once it’s complete. This is a great way to get your foot in the door with potential clients, connect with old clients, and position yourself as an industry leader.
- Checklist Blog Post – Breakdown information into easy information by creating a checklist.
- YouTube Blog Post – Gather one or more YouTube videos to include and write about the videos. After all… people love videos.
- Prediction Post – Write about your predictions on a particular topic.
- Presentation Post – Publish a recent company presentation and write about it.
- Reaction Post – Blog about your reaction to something.
- Beginners Guide Blog Post – This is a great way of establishing your self as an influencer and providing information to those who need it.
- Influence Answer Blog Post – Pull at least ten influencers answers to a hot topic. Make sure you credit each source.
- Hacks Post – Hacks are hot right now. An example: “12 Hacks for ____”
- Inspiration Post – Share a story that will inspire your readers.
- Definition Blog Post – This is great if you’re in an industry where you need to educate or define specific terms to your audience.
- Questions You Should Ask Post – An example of this would be, “10 Questions You Should Ask Before ____”
- The Ultimate Guide Blog Post – This should be epic in length and you should give a comprehensive detail about what you’re providing information on your topic.
- Expert Round Up – Round up articles on a similar topic and provide an excerpt and a link to each.
- Upcoming Events Post – Highlight upcoming company and/or industry events
- Technical Support Blog– If you need to provide clients with knowledge-based information online consider creating technical support posts.
- Behind the Scenes – Provide your readers with a “behind the scenes” (day in the life) of your company.
- Trend Post – Talk about an industry trend.
- Anatomy Post – Break down the makeup of Although it’s dated, one of our most visited blog posts is The Anatomy of a Highly Converting Landing Page.
- Product Tip Post – Describe the best way to get the most out of a particular product.
- Story Post – Tell a story
- Comparison Product Post – Compare similar products
- Guest Blog Posts – Invite someone outside of your organization to write a blog post.
Now it’s time to put your creativity to the test before you get started typing away, here are a few final thoughts:
Before you start writing, ask yourself is your topic aimed at your ideal customer?
Make sure you have someone proofread your post.
Did you quote or pull information from another source? Make sure you credit the source.
The title of your blog post is important. Does it reel readers in? According to Hubspot, blog post titles with 6-13 words attract the highest and most consistent amount of traffic.
Break up your content with subheaders, short paragraphs, and bullet points, as many people skim through blog posts.
Make sure you have a plan to share your blog post after it’s written. After all, you put all your time and energy into it, you’ve got to share it with the world.