Social media has become an essential part of the marketing mix for small businesses! It has changed “word-of-mouth” into “world-of-mouth”. Companies are increasingly using social media tools to monitor conversations about their brands, competitors and engaging with their customers in new ways.
Here are 10 powerful ways social media can help grow your business:
- Find new customers – Social media enables your company to reach a huge number of potential customers.
- Provide customer service – If your product is being disused online you can respond to your customers.
- Gather information to help you improve – You simply have to ask your online community about the products & services you currently offer. It’s one of the easiest ways to gather hones feedback.
- Brand recognition – Getting your name out there is incredibly important – studies suggest that people need to hear a company’s name at least 7 times before they trust and respect it enough to become a customer.
- Share product information -Social Media allows you to share your product information through different verticals.
- Promote coupons and special offers – People love a great deal!
- Own your brand’s social presence – If you don’t, who will? No one? Fans that may represent your organization the way you want it represented? Or worse, a customer who had a bad experience?
- Generate website traffic – If you continually post updates on your social networking sites that link back to your website, you can create additional website traffic.
- Increase search engine rankings – Social media profiles (especially those on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn) frequently rank highly with major search engines
- Brand monitoring – Having a social media presence allows you to have a better understanding about what customers/potential customers are saying about your brand.
Social media is like every other marketing tool – you need to have a strategy! You should know what you want to accomplish, and have a plan as to how to get there. For more information on social media strategies give us a call, we’d love to help!