If your website can’t be found online, then it doesn’t matter how pretty it is. Period.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is an absolute must-have to any website strategy, but it takes hard work and consistency when aiming for the top spot. To score a top position you need to implement a number of strategies:
- Keyword Research – You’ve got to use the words your customers are searching for
- On-Page SEO – Your site needs to include the proper keywords, image tags, title tags, description tags, etc.
- Off-Page SEO – This includes link-building opportunities and online directories
- Relative Content – If people like your content, they will want to link to your website
- Avoid Keyword Stuffing – While it’s important to include your keyword as many times as necessary within a page, you don’t want to go overboard with it either
- Site Map – Adding an XML sitemap is a component that is commonly overlooked, while it may not be the deciding factor in improving your Search Engine Optimization, it will certainly help